Boyfriend Of Former EastEnders Star Sian Blake Admits To Killing Her & Two Young Sons
The boyfriend of ex-EastEnders star Sian Blake has confessed to killing the actress and her two young children, the Old Bailey heard today, April 29.
Hairdresser Arthur Simpson-Kent, 48, is accused of murdering his 43-year-old partner and her two sons Zachary, eight, and four-year-old Amon in December last year. He then fled to Ghana before their bodies were discovered buried in the garden of the family home in Erith, Kent.
His lawyer, Jim Sturman QC told the Old Bailey that he has confessed to killing the three victims.
“He admits the killing, that can be reported”, he said.
Simpson-Kent appeared in court via videolink from HMP Belmarsh for today’s hearing, speaking only to confirm his name. If he stands trial, it is due to take place on October 4.
The disappearance of Sian Blake sparked a nationwide appeal for information. Her body was eventually discovered with those of her sons buried in the garden on January 5.
According to the police, the actress and her sons died of head and neck injuries, while “significant attemps” had been made to hide the bodies. Ghanaian Police say Simpson-Kent arrived in Ghana on December 19 and arrested two days later in Busua, a south-west coastal resort.
Simpson-Kent was extradited from Ghana and arrested as he landed at Heathrow Airport in February.
Mr Justice Singh remanded him in custody until the next court hearing.
Source: Evening Standard